Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Praying for your government!

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 2 Timothy 2:1-2

I read this the other day in my devotional and forgot that I read that chapter and read it again this morning, and each time this scripture popped out at me! Whether you are democratic or republican,  whether you love our president or dislike our president-- it is to the up most importance that you PRAY for them! They do not have all the answers and they need Godly direction! They need the Spirit of the Lord to rest over them as they make decisions that will lead and direct the country that we live in. It is SO SO SO important that we pray for Godly administration! That He would expose any lies or anything hidden!

You get where I'm going! Irregardless of your politic stance, if you live in this country and believe in God, you need to be praying for the administration of our country- the Bible says so!

That's all for now! 

No comments: